Open source C/C++/C# site dedicated to the .NET platform

Issues with a server

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3
Points 45
lane1983 Posted: Sat, Mar 3 2007 09:51 AM

I currently visit a web site that has a forum for sports discussion and when I try to reply or quote a post I can't do the things I would like to add to post like bold, url link, add emoticons ect. They say there is nothing wrong with their server since it is Community Server. They say I may have a security setting that need to be changed or modified. The website is www.kfan.com. Are they right  because I can't see the stuff like above here all there is is the compose, options , related and preview. Under the Message is what I can't see. Do you know what the problem could be? Let me know, thanks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 267
Points 17,390

Hi lane,

I just created an account on their site, started to create a post, and it all looks good to me.  They are using the CuteEditor which has a lot of bugs, but you should at least be able to see it.  If you can't, then there may be something wrong with your IE security settings.  If you go into the Security tab, click on each of the zones one-by-one, and click the Default button for each, you should be ok.

Take it easy,
Bill

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3
Points 45
lane1983 replied on Sat, Mar 3 2007 03:02 PM
 Bill Bosacker:

Hi lane,

I just created an account on their site, started to create a post, and it all looks good to me.  They are using the CuteEditor which has a lot of bugs, but you should at least be able to see it.  If you can't, then there may be something wrong with your IE security settings.  If you go into the Security tab, click on each of the zones one-by-one, and click the Default button for each, you should be ok.

Take it easy,
Bill

I did what you said and it still isn't working. I am using Mozilla Firefox as my browser because I can't download IE to my computer since the guy who built it pirated his XP pro. software onto my computer and they need a software validation to download IE. Guess I'm screwed huh? Unless you have away around the validation part? I also changed my browser to MSN IE and it still didn't do anything. I'm gettingSuper Angry pissed!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 267
Points 17,390

Hi Lane,

I've never used Firefox, but I've been told that it should work as I believe the author of CuteEditor (the thing you are having issues with) uses Firefox.  As for the illegal license, I believe that Microsoft will allow you to register a legal license if you purchase one.  I don't know exactly how it works, but I think you either enter to new number when a nag window pops up, or you enter it when the validation fails.

However, since Firefox doesn't seem to be working you may have another problem that we haven't identified yet.  It could be a system problem, or it could just be the fact that you have an illegal license and aren't able to download the latest patches.  Do you have another computer with a legal license that you can test the site with?  BTW, the MSN IE and AOL browsers are not really supported by any public sites.

Take it easy,
Bill

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3
Points 45
lane1983 replied on Sat, Mar 3 2007 07:25 PM
 Bill Bosacker:

Hi Lane,

I've never used Firefox, but I've been told that it should work as I believe the author of CuteEditor (the thing you are having issues with) uses Firefox.  As for the illegal license, I believe that Microsoft will allow you to register a legal license if you purchase one.  I don't know exactly how it works, but I think you either enter to new number when a nag window pops up, or you enter it when the validation fails.

However, since Firefox doesn't seem to be working you may have another problem that we haven't identified yet.  It could be a system problem, or it could just be the fact that you have an illegal license and aren't able to download the latest patches.  Do you have another computer with a legal license that you can test the site with?  BTW, the MSN IE and AOL browsers are not really supported by any public sites.

Take it easy,
Bill

The only way i guess to get it up and working again is to deactivate the account and sign in under a different login name. I did try it under my brother -in-laws' computer last week and it didn't work with me logging in under my current loginin name and password. Thanks for your help sir!
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright © 2006-2016 WGB Enterprises